Disbanded Korean Groups – Kpop groups are now one of the world’s attractions. Some big names have an astonishing number of fans. However, there are also a number of groups that have to end their careers even though they have only briefly explored the entertainment stage after debuting. The world of South Korean entertainment is always colored by the arrival of new groups and the departure of old groups every year. 2019 is no exception. Although there are so many new groups that debut and introduce their own uniqueness, this year also KPop fans have to part with a number of idol groups that have been declared disbanded for various reasons.
Tight competition among K-Pop groups makes many K-Pop agencies have to work hard to promote their respective idols. But unexpectedly, many K-Pop groups had to be disbanded by the agency this year for various reasons. There are even those who have not been bound by a contract for one year and are forced to disband.
Here are 10 K-Pop idol groups that have officially disbanded
1. Wanna One officially disbanded in January 2019 after 1.5 years of being formed through the second season of Produce 101
According to the contract imposed by CJ E&M as the organizer of Produce 101 and the YMC agency, Wanna One was disbanded after 1.5 years of being formed. The last activity of the group, which was popular through hits Energetic and Boomerang, was the final concert in Korea which was held from January 24 to 27. It’s a shame considering that at that time Wanna One was at the peak of its success.
2. Due to the same contract rules, boyband UNB also disbanded after one year together
The group, which was formed through the talent search event The Unit, officially disbanded after holding a farewell concert titled Thanks UNME in Japan. After disbanding, the nine members will focus on solo careers.
3. Girlband Wa$$up disbanded on February 10 because the contract with the agency expired
Before disbanding, Wa$$up, which debuted with a seven-member formation, only left four members. Now the four members, Woojoo, Nari, Jiae, and Subin, choose to focus on solo careers.
4. Nine Muses was disbanded by Star Empire’s agency starting February 11 also due to an expired contract
The girl group disbanded after nine years of being formed. As a farewell gift to fans, Nine Muses released the single Remember on February 14 and held a final fan meeting on February 24.
5. A-JAX’s contract with DSP Media officially ended on March 31, so the boy band that debuted with seven members was disbanded
After being left by two members, Jaehyung and Jihoo, in February 2016, A-Jax officially disbanded after the contracts of the remaining five members had expired. Before disbanding, A-Jax was known to be actively promoting in Japan.
6. The girl group formed by Pledis and Fantagio Entertainment, HELLO VENUS, officially disbanded on April 17 due to an expired contract
This girl group debuted in 2012 and was popular through the songs Wiggle Wiggle and Paradise. Before disbanding, Hello Venus’ last comeback was in January 2017.
7. After only two years of debut, boyband 14U disbanded in April for surprising reasons
The thirteen members of 14U officially canceled their contracts with the agency starting last April. There is no official information regarding this disbandment. However, a close source informed Xports News that 14U’s disbandment was due to a member having an illicit relationship with the agency’s staff.
After officially disbanding, 14U personnel from Indonesia, Loudi, wrote a farewell message for fans.
8. Just two years into their debut, Pledis Entertainment’s girl group PRISTIN disbanded on May 24
After disbanding, three out of ten PRISTIN members, Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon remained at Pledis to continue their solo careers. While the remaining seven members chose to leave the agency.
9. Boyfriend disbanded on May 16 after eight years of career
This six-member boyband is popular through their hits such as, Janus, Boyfriend, and Don’t Touch My Girl. With the disbandment of Boyfriend, the six members are no longer under the Starship Entertainment agency.
10. Boyband BIGSTAR disbanded on July 1 after seven years on the K-Pop stage
The agency Brave Entertainment informed the disbandment of the boy band because the contracts of the three members, FeelDog, Sunghak, and Jude, had expired. While the two remaining members, Baram and Raehwan will still continue solo activities with the agency.…